3/19/2009

Project III - Sarah updates+etc

    So, in the end I didn't update yesterday.
    Unfortunately, Monday, Wednesday and Friday are the days I spend less time at home so I end up having less spare time to update here or work on my models.
    Well, now to the updates that I have made.
    I edited her "V" hand to make it easier to unfold and fortunately it turned out quite well, now I just need to see if it'll be easily buildable or not. I think it'll be pretty hard to build as still produced some tiny pieces but I seem to be unable to find a better solution for this problem (besides changing her whole hand, something that I really don't want to do) so I'll test build it and see how it turns out.
    ↓Here's a screenshot of how her hand is now:
    The Hand
    I think I'll be able to print the monochromatic version for testing purpose tomorrow so I predict that I'm going to testbuild it this weekend.
    For those who might be interested, here are the pictures of the model in monochromatic colors and it unfolded.
    Sarah Monochromatic     Sarah Unfolded

     That's it for this model, now all I have to do it test build her, figure out if it's actually possible to build, fix the errors that I may have left behind and print it colored and build again to write a guide if I find it necessary. I hope to finish doing all this until next weekend but there's always the etc. part of the post.
     As you know, college is taking a lot of my spare time. For next Friday (not tomorrow) I have to read and write a review of two pages about a forty pages text. And I have yet to read another 2 or 3 texts that may sum up more than 60 pages. Yeah, this is going to take some time and I still have the desire to keep working on papercrafts and write some other tutorials to post here. Priorities needs to be set.

Well, life keeps going and things needs to be done.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I wish I could do stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting.
    Well, I have plans of writing a tutorial on how to do these so more people can get into the hobby though designing is one hobby and building them is another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, your free ad has been posted here
    http://find-writer.blogspot.com/2009/03/hobby-of-papercraft-what-is-it.html

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really creative work and you are getting better at it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like it is such an interesting project. What skill that it takes to do things like this. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.