4/04/2009

New layout

     Yah, today's post has nothing to do with papercraft.
     Guess it's pretty obvious that I decided to change the template a little right? I decided to mess around a little with the background and get rid of those opaque columns and this is the result.
     The background is still not great and I need to learn how to fit it properly. Actually I need to first decide what's "properly". After that I'll learn how to fit it. The main problem is that since it's fixed I need something that goes well either short or long. The one that is right now is still not satisfying me enough. I think I need to research and learn a little bit more about customization before being able to do something good. It looks quite good when the page is short but when it's long I don't know, I feel it's missing something.
     As it can be seen the theme has nothing to do with papercrafts right? Yeah...I had a hard time thinking about a paper model related theme and couldn't think of anything that was within my skills so I decided to make something simpler, more monochromatic and all. My first thought was something black and white only but in the end the image of a city in the night came through my mind and I decided to make it black and blue. So in the end there's that moon on the header and the shadows on the bottom. There are some other customizations that I would like to do but I still need to learn how to do those and I still need to think how good they would blend with the present theme.

     Well, that's it! Later I may post again.

Thank you for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Re: excitement. Oh you're right, too many exciting stuff in College. Mine's gonna start again on April 20. Pretty excited to have new classmates!

    - - -

    You messed around with the layout? I'm afraid to mess up mine but I want to. My layout is looking a little sad, don't you think? LOL.

    I was expecting a sort of paper theme from you, haha! >:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not bad, hehe!
    btw, thanks for the comment..it was so inspiring..

    see yah around! gbu..

    -jeLai-
    http://kielai.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new template is much better than the old one. The black background suits your blog and adds to the creativity .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear some feedbacks.
    @HalfCrazy
    Well, college can be exciting or not. Mine is not THAT exciting...but that's life.

    You could always create a new blog for testing purpose you know? Create it and try to tweak the template. It's not THAT hard, specially if you have a basic knowledge of HTML.
    And yes, I was thinking about making something more related to paper works but I don't have enough skills for doing what I had in mind so I decided to keep with the idea of shadows and a moon :)

    @jeLai
    Glad to know I was able to inspire you. I try my best to do so and it makes me happy to know my efforts aren't in vain.

    @Vinay Rai
    Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it and I hope to improve not only my models but also the template as time goes by.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.