5/19/2009

Himeguma Gijinka+Answer to a question

     Well, following the comment Prinsesa Musang left in the previous post I decided to focus more on just one project right now and that is remodeling the Himeguma Gijinka. This is by far my favorite design so I want to make it as best as I can right now.
     I have pretty much been able to redesign her right sleeve, reduced it to 4 or 5 pieces instead of the previous 8 and I also decided to simplify a lot her body. This because her body is completely covered by her robe so it's pretty senseless to make it with details.
     The body changes were these:
Himeguma Papercraft - Body changes Himeguma Papercraft - Body changes Himeguma Papercraft - Body changes

     As you can see I removed lots of details and curves from her body, reduced the polygon count (from 74 to 59) but I didn't resize. In the screenshots the latest version seems smaller because it's less zoom.
     The previous version wasn't that hard to build but I still think it's too much effort for something that won't be visible so why not simplify it, right? Now I need to see how stable it'll be with the changes I did. Before the upper part of her body would keep in touch with the upper part of the robe so it's pretty stable to pick her up by the robe but with the redesign her body became slimmer and I believe that this contact between robe/body won't happend so I'm afraid that it'll make it even fragiler. Will find out when I testbuild it...I don't know if I'll be able to do it this week :(

     Now, I noticed that I never told where I am from. Kenwooi asked me this question in the previous post and this was not the first time I'm asked it so I decided to answer in this post.
     I'm from Brazil, that big country from South America which official language is Portuguese not English nor Spanish so excuse my grotesque mistakes (grammatical, vocabulary, etc) I may commit.
  
     Well, that's it.

Thank you for reading.

10 comments:

  1. ARE YOU REALLY FROM BRAZIL??
    I JUST FOUND THIS SITE JUST NOW I HAD NO IDEA,YOUR STUFF IS AMAZING I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE PAPER CRAFT SOME TIME I REALLY LIKE THE NINTENDO STUFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your grammar,vocabulary and ,... is better than mine .i should commit my English is bad.By the way,i really love your model....hope to see more of your paper craft.I hope i have the talent of building a model(paper craft) so that i can a model of my pet,ham ham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Ken asked the question before I did lol!

    I came here with the intention to post a comment asking where you were from lol, and tada! the answer was right there in the latest post xD

    You have great english so don't worry about it :)

    I hope love finds you again :) I've noticed you mention your ex-gf a lot and you should get out there and catch some girls! :D

    Lastly, thanks so much for being my most faithful reader :) I always tell my boyfriend, the day when Shadowmoon stops reading my blog would be the day I know my blog is doomed and my writing is going to the pits lol XD

    I make an extra effort to write because I know someone will be reading them. :)

    Stay well and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything on here is really beautiful you should check my blog some time:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous
    Yes, I'm from Brazil.
    Thank you for the compliments, I'm glad you liked.
    I may create some other papercrafts that's nintendo related but ATM there's none on my future projects list.

    @LaZyT
    More models will come for sure but I can't promise any constancy :P
    I'm sorry about Ham-Ham.
    Now, just one doubt...I've seen three blogs from different people talking about Ham-Ham, whose pet was it?

    @Shu Fen
    Ah, yes, Ken asked first and I finally decided to answer this question on a post.
    About gf, well, one of my life policy is to don't try to catch girls.
    I've never done that, I just live my life and some girls life's crosses with mine and we may end up together...or not. :P
    Well, I'm always there reading your blog because it's really interesting :)
    And I don't think that your blog will be doomed the day I stop reading it, you have a lot of interested readers too, I just happen to be another one among those :)

    @MUFF-FACE
    Thank you for the compliment.
    I'll surely check your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think the tummy is flatter, good girl! LOL you know what, i admire you for your dedication to your craft. why don't you join the creative swap? it is for 'crafters' like us. LOL. i just joined days ago. my post is titled 'mental orgasm' so you can learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw about the creative swap on your blog. For me there's still the shipping problem since my crafts are really fragile. If they fall from my desk some part may fall apart already so who knows the damages it would suffer from an overseas shipment?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Answering to your question.........Whose pet was it? i think the blogs you have seen is my sibling blogs.I bought ham ham using my mom money and named it ham ham symbolize the word of HAMster.....So i show said family pets....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL @ shufen's comment haha.. =P

    Brazil! Great football team! =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.