7/25/2009

Done!

     No, not a papercraft...oh dang, when am I going to release a new paper model? Did I forget that this blog should be mainly about paper models? What's happening?
     Well, so what's done? Is that done? That that I talked about last post? Yes, that's it!
     Let's talk a little about it. Some of these that I'll write here you'll also find at the end of the video or in the details column. It's been almost 10 months since I composed this song but only now I decided to record it and do all this video stuff. It's only piano and vocals but there's still some room to think about adding other instruments to be played with a band, maybe rearrange it but I'll still think about that. There are no vocals because I don't know how to sing, have little to no sense of vocal tone and I also don't have a mic to record so I decided to use that harmonica-like timber (it should be a bass clarinet, actually) to do the vocal's melody line and although I've kind of learned how to add the karaoke effect adding it would take waaaaay too long and I'm not really in the mood to do it so hope you can connect the lyrics to the melody.
     Talking about the song, it's a quite simple composition on the C major key, probably the most basic key available but it sounds good and it's ear-friendly though this doesn't mean it's actually good...I changed the second bridge a little from what I originally thought to make it sound fuller and it took me quite a while to come up with that arrangement though it's not as hard as it sounds. The first version came up in about three days including the lyrics but it took me almost 10 months to decide to record and during the recording I decided to change something here and mess a little there and this was the final result.
     The lyrics are quite simple too and I leave it to you to interpret it as you wish. I believe I know how most people will interpret this and I also believe that it'll be correct but I'll leave it opened to new interpretations as I found one myself (can you see it too?).
     The gear I used were:
       → A Yamaha PSR-500 keyboard for playing (obvious)
       → A Sony MD Recorder MZ-R700PC for recording from the keys
       → One cable P2xP2 and one P2xP10 adapter so I could record from the keys
       → Audacity 1.3.7 to record from the MD to the PC
       → Virtualdub 1.8.8 to create this simple video
       → SSRtoSSA 1.0 to convert the scratch-made .srt file to .ssa file (to use as lyrics)
      As it can be seen, these are pretty cheap gears (all freeware software FYI) and my recording and editing skills are simply zero so the sound quality and the presentation are not really high. You'll notice some parts that are not tidily synchronized, specially at the ending sequence but I hope you'll be able to enjoy it.



Thank you for reading/listening.
PS: Yes, on the video I left the Subtitle Workshop as a used gear but in the end I used it for testing purposes only and wasn't necessary for the "final" product but was too lazy to change since I just noticed now...so disregard that ok?

6 comments:

  1. aaaaaa!!! xDDD i love the piano, esp. the first part 8DDDDD you're awesome! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S TOTALLY AMAZING I NEARLY CRYED MYSELF IT WAS SO TOUCHING I LOVE IT TO PEACES:)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERYONE LISTEN........ SHADOWMOON IS THE MOST AMAZING BEAUTIFUL BRAZILIAN GIRL EVER EVER EVER IN THE WHOLE WORLD YOU SHOULD FEEL LUCKY TO KNOW HER SHE'S FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC {[(:FANTASTIC:)]}XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful song! I love it!

    Btw, thanks for sweet comment on my guest blog post on the English Muse, although I'm not sure what you meant by your last remark "I don't like flies?" Maybe it was a typo...?

    xoxo,
    Micaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work... ^^ what a talent you got there... keep it up... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. APPLAUSE!!! Well done! I enjoyed listening to it. You're a very talented person, so I encourage you to keep the songs coming (With vocals if possible)
    I also noticed this is quite a sad song, about a breakup perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.